Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 September 2014

Step by step smokey eye tutorial

I thought I would create this step by step picture tutorial to show how I create my black smokey eye.

To start I primed my eyes using macs ‘painterly’ pro long wear paint pot.

Then using a fluffy brush I took MAC ‘peaches’ blush through my crease as a transition colour, I then blended that using a blending brush.



Next, I took NYX’s blush in ‘peach’ on a smaller fluffy brush through the crease also, I then blended both colours together using the same brush, these colours blend beautifully together. 



I then took the shade ‘penny’ from the MUA ever after matte palette which is a medium brown colour through my crease also, with the same small fluffy brush.

Next I took the shade ‘truffle’ which is a deeper brown from the same palette and applied that into the outer part of my crease. Then blended that together.


 


With a flat brush I then applied MAC fluid line in ‘blacktrack’ all over my lid, then went back in with the ‘truffle’ shade to blend out the black.



Next I applied the maybelline 24 gel liner in black and create a fine line close to my lash line using the sigma e10 small liner brush.

I then applied the red cherry lashes in the style ‘118’ with a pair of slanted tweezers. 




To highlight my brow bone I used the shade ‘bootycall’ from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette.
And that’s the eyes complete.
 


To prime my face I used the ‘loreal magique blur cream’, for foundation I mixed the bourjois healthy mix in ’52' and the MAC studio fix in ‘NW20’.

I then highlighted under my eyes, cupid bow, chin and forehead using the ‘collection, lasting perfection concealer’ in the shade ’01 fair’.

To contour and bronze up my face I applied Benefit’s 'hoola' bronzer.

For blusher I applied MAC’s blush in ‘well dressed’ onto the apples of my cheeks and slightly blended that into my contour.

For the lips I applied MAC’s ‘snob’ lipstick and dabbed that into my lips with my finger to work the product in.



No comments:

Post a Comment