Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit

Hey guys, I know I haven't posted on here for a while so Happy New Year!

For Christmas My mum bought me the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour palette so I thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you.

To start off the palette comes in the most beautiful sleek matte black packaging with 'CONTOUR KIT' in a silver font and the original Anastasia Beverly Hills logo on the bottom in a gold font.
(as seen in the picture below)





One thing I would say is that the packaging can get dirty quite quickly but as its matte its so easy to clean!


The palette consists of 6 shades, 5 matte and 1 with slight glitter particles in.

Highlight setting powder (pinky shade) : Vanilla
Highlight setting powder (yellow shade) : Banana 
Highlight powder : Sand
Bronzing powder (darker brown) : Java
Contour powder (Grey tone) : Fawn
Bronzing powder (warmer shade) : Havana






The pigmentation of this powders and the quality of them are incredible, I especially love the shade 'Banana' to set the concealer under my eyes as I find it helps my concealer appear a lot brighter and gives such a beautiful highlight to my face. 

What I love so much about this palette is that I've found with other contour powders/bronzers I've used is that they give such an orange tone to the look and that really isn't what contouring is about,
this palette is all about giving you that natural contour and I find the shade 'Fawn' does that perfectly, when I first applied it on my cheek bone I fell in love!

These swatches on my arm don't show up quite as well as I wanted to them to but here they are anyway, my arms are very pale so the lighter shades were really hard to get a picture of.


Left to Right- Havana, Fawn, Java, Sand, Banana, Vanilla.




The palette retails for £39.00 on cultbeauty.co.uk or if you live in the US you can get it at www.sephora.com for $40.00 or from the original Anastasia Beverly Hills website for $40.00 also.

You can also purchase each powder separately on anastasiabeverlyhills.com for $14.00 a piece.

I'm thinking of filming a 'how i contour and highlight' video in the next week, I will also be posting pictures on my blog too, so if you are interested then stay tuned as I will be featuring this palette in it and showing you how i use the shades :)



No comments:

Post a Comment