Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 3 February 2015

January Favourites

Hey guys I thought I'd share some products I've been loving throughout the month of January :) 





The first product I've been absolutely loving this month is the Lush Cosmetics Santa's Lip Scrub.
My lips have been really dry the past couple of months and this scrub is great for getting rid of that. I first start off by applying the scrub to my lips with my finger and then rubbing it in, then afterwards i just lick it off (the scrub is edible) not only does it taste great but the scrub gets rid of the dryness and leaves my lips feeling really smooth and soft! Unfortunately this product is limited edition and only available around Christmas time, but Lush do other flavours such as Popcorn, bubblegum and mint jupps :) 








I then apply my 2nd favourite of the month, which is lip balm.
The ones I've been enjoying using are three from The Body Shop,
one is a lip butter, the other two are lip balms. 

Each one of these smells absolutely incredible and like actual fruit, I find with a lot of lip products they smell very artificial and very off putting, but these are completely different.

I find applying the Lush Cosmetics lip scrub with these lip products works absolute wonders and leaves my lips feeling lovely and smelling so yummy. 

Left to right - Strawberry lip butter, watermelon lip balm, satsuma shimmer lip balm.





Also from Lush Cosmetics, I have been trying out a sample I was given a few weeks ago which is their Imperialis moisturiser. 

I usually stick to my Simple kind to skin light moisturiser, but opted to try one thats made of natural ingredients as my skin has been very dry recently (around my forehead and cheek area), this moisturiser feels lovely on my skin and I find it sinks in really quickly and leaves my skin feeling really smooth. I apply this product before i apply my primer and I can honestly say it helps my primer apply even smoother than it usually does. 




For foundation I've gone back to my holy grail foundation which is MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid.
I will forever repurchase this foundation as its my go to, I find even when I'm having a really bad skin day this foundation just makes your skin look flawless. Its a matte finish, which for me is perfect as I have combination skin and have a Tzone. 

The great thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look cakey unlike some medium to full coverage foundations/bases, it stays looking perfect all day and is great for the hot summer days too!

Mine is in the shade c4.5 (the shade I use when I'm fake tanned) 




My next favourite face products have been blushers, 
I hardly use to wear blusher a few years back but now I can't do my makeup without applying some blush, my two favourites recently have been Makeup Geek 'Secret Admirer'  and Milani 'Luminoso'.

Makeup Geek Secret Admirer -  A cool tone pinky lavender shade with slight blue undertones, I find this shade is beautiful on pale skin and looks gorgeous with a warm smokey eye. 

 



Milani Luminoso - A beautiful peach blush with gold shimmers running through it, the amazing thing about this blush is although it has shimmer in it it doesn't appear too much or glitter like on the skin.
I purchased this blush when I was in America last year and I have to say this is now a holy grail product for me, I can honestly say this blush goes with any look from a full on dramatic smokey eye to a natural everyday look.





My favourite brush of the past year and January has been the MAC Cosmetics 217 blending brush, this is the best blending brush I've ever used, I wish I had about 10 of them!
Although the brush hairs are white they clean up like brand new, every single eye look I create looks flawless when I use this brush. 
From applying colour through the crease to packing shadow onto the lid, this brush can be used for anything! even to blend out concealer.




A product I recently mentioned in my last Haul video on my Youtube channel was the MAC Cosmetics Pro longwear eyeshadow in 'Uninterrupted', I purchased this eyeshadow as I heard it was being discontinued by a few people so I made sure I grabbed it quickly. 
I asked in Mac the day I bought it and the lady told me she hadn't heard of it being discontinued at all,  so I don't know what to believe lol.

Anyway, this eyeshadow is the most perfect transition shade I have ever tried.
 I usually use a bronzer through the crease but since using this I haven't gone back.
It blends every shadow so seamlessly and looks so so beautiful with a black smokey eye.






Over the past couple of months I've been loving using colour on my eyes more than usual, I think its because the English weather is so dull, lol.

My Urban Decay Electric palette has been one of my go to palettes for incorporating colour into my looks, the pigmentation of these eyeshadows is so buttery and so easy to blend and that is very hard to find with such colourful eyeshadows as some can appear very chalky, but not these.

I have a full review of this palette on my blog if you'd like to scroll down and take a read.



Heres a couple of looks I recently created using the palette - The lashes I'm wearing are the Illamasqua 'Lush' lashes.



My favourite lashes of the month have been Illamaqua's 'Lush' lashes and Red Cherry's '107' lashes.

I purchased the Illamaqua lashes as I had noticed them in their sale and they really caught my eye as I love a full on dramatic lash, although these lashes are very dramatic and thick they apply so easily!
They may be a bit too much for everyday wear for some people but I love experimenting with them as I find they go with so many looks.

I'm wearing the lashes in the photos above for anyone thats interested in what they look like on.


The Red Cherry '107' are more of a natural looking lash in my opinion, they're very fluttery and pretty especially with just a winged liner and a bold lip.



Whilst I was in America last year I purchased the Wet n Wild H20 liquid liner in the shade '881 ultra black', I wasn't really expecting much from this product as it was only $3.99 but my mind was blown when i used it, this liner is definitely waterproof and won't budge at all, infact it is very hard to remove so be sure to use a waterproof eye makeup remover. 
 The applicator on this product is great, you can create a very fine line or build it up to a very thick line.
I wouldn't recommend this product if you are a beginner in eyeliner as it can get quite messy, but if you are a master of winged liner then it's totally for you.





My last favourite, is just a random thing I thought I'd add in if you're looking for a bargain.
And that is these false nails from Primark, I have been using the Primark nails for over a year now and they're such good quality.
I apply them with a glue I bought separately as I find the glue that comes with them isn't the best.
The nails last ages and don't seem to ping off after an hour like some others I've used before.
The best thing about the nails is that they're £1! 


Hope you enjoyed this post! 


No comments:

Post a Comment