Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 February 2015

Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation

I purchased the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation whilst I was in Florida, November last year.

I got mine in the shade Medium 53, which is the shade I use when I'm fake tanned.
I have combination to normal skin.

Packaging -
The packaging of this foundation is so fun and edgy, like Kat Von D herself.
The bottle is plastic where as a lot of other foundations I own are glass which is not the best especially when you're around hard floors, lol.





My tips -
If you have highly pigmented skin, oily skin or even acne prone skin, I would highly recommend this product to you. The foundation is very full coverage so if you don't need such a high coverage or don't like the look of such a heavy coverage foundation I would stay away from this product.

To thin the foundation out in the summer months I would maybe mix it with a moisturiser so it's not so heavy.

My technique -
I've really been enjoying using my MAC Cosmetics Fix+ spray.
I first start out by wetting my brush with the fix plus, then I will just apply one pump of foundation to my face and then start with dabbing motions onto my skin as this helps keep the coverage where as if i was to start blending straight away I'd probably end up taking away the coverage from the areas I want it the most.

I find one pump is all I need to cover my whole face, especially by pairing it with the Fix+
together they're the perfect combination, you'll never get a cake face if you pair the two!

Shade wise -
I really regret not picking up more shades as I'd love to wear this when I'm not wearing fake tan as I just love the finish it gives.

I picked up the shade Medium 53 which states to be for a light to medium complexion with golden yellow undertone, this is the perfect shade for when I'm fake tanned.

Claims -
This foundation claims to help cover tattoos, blemishes, be a matte finish, long wearing and much more.

Personally I haven't used the foundation without a primer underneath as I always apply a primer before using any makeup product on my face, but it is very long wearing with a primer.
I would always recommend using a primer with any foundation to be honest as I think you get the best results that way and it creates a lovely base.

If you have dry skin then I would say moisturise before hand as the foundation may cling to some dry patches if not, even if you have a Tzone I would still moisturise the other parts of your face to help the products you are using apply a lot nicer.

Powder -
For all the oily skin girls out there I would say if you are going out for the day then carry a powder with you, just in case you need a quick touch up of the Tzone area. 


Purchasing the product -
This foundation is not currently sold in the UK, but is available in the U.S in Sephora.
Sephora stock 19 shades and each retail for $34.00 each.


Overall Review -
I absolutely love this foundation, I would definitely say its my new holy grail foundation along with the MAC Studio Fix Fluid, I personally like a more full coverage foundation and a matte finish but that's just my personal preference. I would opt for this foundation more for a special occasion or when I know I'm having pictures taken, for example on a night out as it has no SPF where as the MAC Studio Fix does. 

1 comment: