Powered By Blogger

Sunday 26 July 2015

REVIEW: PRIMARK BRUSH CLEANSER

Hello guys, whilst I was shopping the other day in Primark

Something caught my eye and that was this Primark Brush Cleanser.

I own one by MAC and it cost me £12, so to see a brush cleanser for £2.00 I couldn't not pick it up!


I thought I'd review this product for you guys as if you are a Makeup artist and you need to spot clean your brushes, or even if you need to wash your brushes and you're in a hurry, then I thought this post would be handy!


Heres a picture of all the brushes before using the brush cleanser.

I took quite a few with and without the flash just so you could see they are very dirty and that way you can really see the difference the cleaner makes.

The brushes featured - Top to bottom:

Zoeva 288 
MAC 217 blending brush
Real Techniques base shadow brush 
MAC 266 angled brush





                           

I placed the brush that I was cleaning at the time on a bit of tissue, as you will see from the upcoming pictures, I then sprayed the cleanser straight onto the brushes brissles, then started swirling the brush into a clean tissue.

                              
                     
                         

This product didn't leave my brush bristles feeling dry or anything, they actually felt lovely and smooth and as you can see the brush cleaned up very well and the dirt had all gone.

This brush is made out of synthetic hair which is a lot easier to remove product from anyway so lets test out the next brush.


This next brush is from the brand Zoeva (228) and is made of a mixture of natural-synthetic hair.

The hairs on this brush are also white, which means they are a lot harder to get clean.

As you will see from this photo the bristles are absolutely filthy.



I was so shocked how much the cleanser actually got rid of so much product, literally nothing was left in the brush hairs.

There hairs towards the end were stained a tiny bit darker than the rest but that is completely normal for a white haired brush.
I'm so impressed!


Lastly is a brush I've had for a year now and that is the MAC 266 angled brush, I use this much specifically for cream and powder products, especially with my brow wax.

As you can see the bristles were stuck together due to so much product being on the brush.



The brush now looks good as new and product free.
It is made of synthetic fibres which of course like I said previously is the best type to get clean.




For some reason I didn't photograph any pictures of my MAC 217 blending brush on its own, but I found it cleaned up just aswell, if not better than the Zoeva 228.

Here are the finish results of all the brushes together!


I inserted this collage just so you can see the before and after pictures right next to each other.



My thoughts:

I absolutely love this product and couldn't recommend it more, especially for the price!

I wouldn't use it personally to deep clean my brushes but when I'm spot cleaning them or if I'm in a hurry to do my makeup and my brushes are dirty then I'd definitely use it.

What I also love about this product is it smells so fresh and lovely, I love the fact that it doesn't smell like a typical cleaning product as I find some can smell very over powering.

The best thing is that it comes with a pump, even the MAC brush cleaner doesn't come with a pump!

Meaning that you wont waste product and you can spray it directly onto the brush, where as I found I wasted a lot of product with the MAC one and it would all spill out and make a mess.

I'm definitely going to stock up, as I'm worried Primark may discontinue it or I may never find it again.

                             

Thank you so much for reading this blog post, I hope it helped some of you who are looking to purchase a brush cleaning product or even just to test it out.

If there are any other products you'd like me to review for you then please let me know!


Chlo x

No comments:

Post a Comment