Powered By Blogger

Sunday 6 July 2014

June favourites :)







My first favourite of the month is this lip scrub from lush in the flavour 'Bubblegum',
I suffer with quite dry chapped lips and this is the only product that
I have found actually helps get rid of the dryness completely, I myself
don't like the flavour of this product as I find it very sweet but the product
itself is great.
After applying this to the lips you can lick it off as it is made of sugar
but I personally just get a wet wipe or wash it off with water as I don't like the taste.
Once I have removed the scrub off of my lips I use MACs lip conditioner as I find
both products together make the lips extra smooth.



My second favourite of the month of June has been the Simple Kind to skin cleansing facial wipes.
Unlike every other facial wipes I've used in the past, these actually make my skin feel refreshed and moisturised after using them, they are great if you have sensitive skin as all simple products are made from natural ingredients and contain no harsh chemicals.


My third favourite is the NYX jumbo eye pencil in the shade 'milk'
I usually use the Urban Decay primer potion with this product also but I've found recently it works just as well by itself, the consistency of this pencil is very creamy and applies very buttery, its a great eye shadow base especially when you are working with colours!


The fourth product I've been loving is the NYX xtreme lip cream in the shade '10 Natural'
this is the perfect nude colour to apply on its own or with any lipstick, its more of a pinky nude shade than brown I would say.
The smell of this is the only downside as it's not as nice smelling as the other NYX lip products I have tried.


My next favourite is the MAC strobe cream, 
I was sent this a few months ago from mac in the sample size and now I'm trying to stop myself from buying the full size as I love it that much.
If you are a fan of dewy looking skin, then you will love this product especially if you have dry skin.
It leaves the skin feeling really moisturised, even if you have oily skin this product would be good for you also as it doesn't make your skin look shiny at all, just a natural glow.
I myself have oily skin and find it works beautifully under or on top of my foundation.



Next up is my new holy grail highlighter, MAC mineralize skinfinish in 'soft and gentle'
This is the most beautiful highlighter I have ever tried, I recently have used the highlight shade in the sleek contour kit in 'light' but i found it far too chalky for my skin, whereas this highlight glides on the skin nice and silky smooth.
I also found the sleek one very white looking but this one is more of a gold colour, which looks lovely with a tan.
highly recommend!




My favourite scent of June has been the Victoria Secret fragrance mist in the scent 'Love spell' if you love the smell of peach, you will love this mist. 
Its very summery and sweet smelling.


Next product is the Vaseline spray & go body moisturiser in the scent 'pure cocoa butter'
I'm constantly fake tanning my body and I find this moisturiser the best for doing so as it dries in seconds after applying it.
Unlike other moisturisers this one does not leave your body feeling sticky, it feels very smooth and smells gorgeous.


My favourite foundation recently has been the MAC Matchmaster foundation, mine is in the shade '4.0' which I use when I'm fake tanned.
What I love about this foundation is although you can build it up it doesn't come across as looking cakey, it has medium coverage but as i said you can build it up.
Its leaves a nice dewy finish to the skin which i think is great for summer.



This next product has been a must have for me since I got it last November and it is the MAC FIX+.
This has definitely become a holy grail for me, I use it every single day before and after I apply my make-up, it helps my make-up last longer throughout the day and also stops the skin from looking cakey or powdery.
It's so refreshing especially on a hot day!
You can also use this with eye shadows or pigments to help the colour become more vibrant and pop a lot more.

Last but not least is the Urban Decay Electric Palette, not many people in my opinion would purchase this palette as much as the naked palettes as I find they are more wearable if you are a neutral wearing type of person, but if you are like me and love a pop of colour this palette is right up your street! Even if you are wearing a neutral eye you could apply a one of these gorgeous colours on the lower lash line for a pop of colour, especially in summer.
Each colour in this palette is unique and also very buttery, not drying at all.
Urban Decay recommend not using some of the colours on your eyes but I have done so anyway and the only thing that happens is they will stain your eyelid for a short period of time afterwards, only for a few hours or so.



Hope you've all had a lovely month of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment